Thousands of brand new luxury South Loop rentals, condominiums and hotel rooms are in the work! 2015 is the year that the South Loop really started to get the wind back behind her sails. Since the real estate down turn in 2008 it has become taboo to talk about all of the potential South Loop was showing leading up to the dramatic plummet. Developers went belly up and homeowners got hit the worst. Say no more as that time has past and the resurgence has begun again!
The South Loop has seen proposals that bring in a total of over 10,000 brand new residential units and 2,500 hotel rooms! In these new proposals are luxury south loop rentals and condominiums along with state of the art hotel rooms. Some of the new developments are as follows:
- Marriot Marquis convention hotel : proposing 1206 hotel rooms
- Michigan and Cermak Hotel : proposing 650 hotel rooms
- Crescent Heights proposing 76 story rental building on Michigan
- Solomon Cordwell Buenz 48 story rental building on Michigan
- Architect Helmut Jahn has proposed an all glass tower at 1000 s Michigan that would contain 506 residential units
Seems that the magnificent mile of Michigan Avenue will be expanding further South. The glitz and glamour is not only for North of the river any more.