apartments currently available
Neighborhood Buildingsview all
History In 1853 Chicago’s first mayor, William B. Ogden, formed the Chicago Land Company. This was a joined effort to purchase land for Chicago’s continuous development. The Chicago Land Company purchased land on the east side of the river to excavate clay for brick-making. Over the next 4 years workers excavated a channel northwards that by 1857 rejoined the river forming the shortcut past the river bend. Later the channel was made 50 feet wide and 10 feet deep to make it navigable.
Current Recently Goose Island has been in the middle of many of Chicago’s redevelopments. Some of the large warehouses have been converted into todays modern manufacturing and office spaces. Large corporations like Wrigley have their research and development facility on the North End. Kendall College has its main location on the Southern End.